Hey there, friends! I'm Meaghan, the woman behind the camera. I live in the beautiful little state of Rhode Island with my husband, Evan, and our sweet pup, Arya. You'll find me frequenting beer halls and foodie spots around Providence, RI, speaking primarily in movie quotes, puns, and sarcasm or off on another adventure. If you don't take life too seriously and love moody, urban travel-inspired photography, let's be friends!
What's in a name?
Rhode Tripper is a play on the term "road tripper" - someone who loves to travel primarily via car or bus and enjoys the journey just as much as the destination. Rhode was intentionally selected instead of road as an homage to the beautiful state of Rhode Island, which I have called home now for 9 years.
Now the biggest question I get asked is why rhode tripper if you're primarily a wedding photographer? Shouldn't that be a travel photographer's name? Yes, and no. I draw inspiration from travel photography. There's no better feeling than packing up the car and hitting the open road with your babe en route to an exciting destination! I love to bring that vibe into my approach for shooting couples that are madly in love - lots of movement, a killer playlist, and the enjoyment of the journey just as much as the excitement of reaching the destination (or in my case, showing you the finished photos). Your elopement or wedding day is an adventure regardless of where it's located- though I'm always down to travel with you on your wedding day!
Here are 11 fun facts about me
(because odd numbers are just better, amiright?)
1. I love all things crafting and DIY home projects
2. I have an eclectic taste in music and love seeing live shows - everything from the Queen to Thee Oh Sees, Green Day to Anderson .Paak, the Hamilton musical to Elton John - and I have a playlist for every occasion
3. I have a not so secret Disney obsession - Evan and I are annual pass holders and hobbyist Disney/ travel vloggers
4. I'm a Hufflepuff through and through
5. Korean food and burgers are the way to my heart
6. I firmly believe in Leave No Trace, and I work hard to practice sustainability in my daily life
7. I've recently developed a love of thrifting and even sell a lot of my used clothes on Poshmark
8. Coffee is my lifeblood and gin anything is my cocktail of choice
9. I don't think that I'll ever live more than 30 minutes from a Trader Joe's
10. My dream travel destination is Japan, but Evan and I are hoping to visit very soon
11. I love road trips (duh!) - ask me about the time Evan and I drove for 24 hours straight in a blizzard - 10/10 do NOT recommend, but it makes for a great story